Sunday 12 September 2021

Yesterday (Saturday) 11th September

 Not only did ALL my selected teams play yesterday but they also all kicked off at 15:00 hours.

Come 3pm I was busy trying to get any website in the world to show me my Arsenal boys taking on the might of Norwich and I got a foreign language feed working until half time when it magically disappeared as these streams do. Capitalism insists that if you are not rich enough to PAY then you should not be allowed to watch your favourite team. Good old capitalism.

It was no big deal as this was a match we were supposed to win with ease and although we won it sounds as if it was not with ease. The new look Arsenal pleased me as Maitland-Niles is better than many of the players who have been playing. The new look back three is clearly our best, although I hope Holding makes it eventually. Pepe is still a weak link and the reports suggest that has not changed. He can SHOOT though, and that may be important as the season goes on.

From the top then noting my selections 0=Favourite, 1=Premier League, 2=Championship and so on .....

0) Arsenal 1 Norwich City 0

1) Brentford 0 Brighton & Hove Albion 1 (the only goal in the 90th plus minute)

2) AFC Bournemouth 3 Barnsley 0

3) Charlton Athletic 1 Cheltenham Town 2

4) Scunthorpe United 0 Exeter City 4

5) Weymouth 1 Notts County 1

6) Braintree Town 1 Bath City 2

7) Tiverton Town 1 Swindon Supermarine 1

8) Slimbridge 2 Willand Rovers 3

9) Exmouth Town 0 Shepton Mallett 1 (out of the vase and on to the league)

10) Godolphin Atlantic 1 Bovey Tracey 3 (through to the next round of the vase)

11) Devon League Cup match postponed

I can now start looking for match reports and plan for my first active perusal of the women's F.A.Cup fixtures.

No comments:

Post a Comment