Sunday 5 September 2021

Saturday Results : September 4th

 My local heroes Liverton United took on Newtown in the Devon League and won the match 4-3.

Bovey Tracey had their match postponed due to COVID. This disease is NOT OVER FOLKS.

We will leave the F.A.Cup until last as it floats my boat to do so.

Bath entertained Dartford but unfortunately went down by 3 goals to 1.

Weymouth travelled to Solihull Moors and got their first win by a 4-3 margin after being up 4-1.

Exeter and Cheltenham both played out home draws. At least Cheltenham scored a goal though.


The Women's Super League started on Friday with Manchester United 2 Reading 0.

Saturday saw Aston Villa beating Leicester City 2-1 and Tottenham beating Birmingham 1-0.

In what was apparently the first Women's match to be shown live on terrestrial television Everton went down 4-0 at home to Manchester City. I was interested in the summer transfers.


The F.A.Cup has advanced as far as First Qualifying Round, the third round of the competition.

Two of my teams left the competition as expected:

Aylesbury United 4 Willand Rovers 1

Truro City 3 Exmouth Town 1

But my Southern League Premier South pick actually WON their match:

Salisbury City 0 Tiverton Town 2

In the matches that I said I was watching:

Worthing drew with Corinthian Casuals and there is a replay on Tuesday.

Jersey Bulls beat VCD Athletic 5-1 and advance on to the second round.

Tamworth beat Alvechurch 3-1 and also advance to the next round.

Bootle and FC United of Manchester also drew and will go to a replay.

I hope that summarises everything that I need to summarise and I can get on to match reports.



No comments:

Post a Comment