Friday 3 September 2021

The Weekend Ahead

 It will all end with England against Andorra at 17:00 on Sunday but there is a lot going on.

The Women's Super League gets going tonight with:

Manchester United Women v. Reading Women

I think "WOMEN" has become the standard rather than "Ladies", but I prefer other designations and would love to see more teams entitled "Belles" or "Vixens" or even "Lionesses" although that is probably better used with international teams.

Tomorrow sees three more womens matches:

Aston Villa Women v. Leicester City Women

Everton Women v. Manchester City Women

Tottenham Hotspur Women v. Birmingham City Women

Sunday has become the standard day for women's matches and there are two more matches (including my selection ARSENAL) taking place:

Arsenal Women v. Chelsea Women

The friendly win will have been forgotten and Chelsea will be determined to beat us.

Brighton & Hove Albion Women v. West Ham United Women

This is just the opening fixture but I will be fascinated to see what the table looks like on Monday.

I have got used to my Men's Pyramid now but I am still learning about the women so my list of matches for Sunday are:

1) Arsenal (H) Chelsea = Womens Super League

2) Bristol City (H) Lewes = Womens Championship

3) Bridgwater (A) Gillingham = National League Southern Premier

4) Exeter (A) Southampton Women = National League One South West

There are TWO teams from Southampton so the word "Women" is important.

5) Bideford (H) AFC St Austell = South West Regional League Premier Division

6) Liverton (A) Feniton = South West Regional League Western Division

Liverton will have to get used to football at this higher level after being promoted.

7) Shaldon Villa (A) Lakeside Athletic = Devon League Western Division

My Pyramid now has only seven levels as the Devon League restructured and instead of a Premier Division and Division One it now has two equal divisions (Eastern & Western) at County LEVEL SEVEN.

I then have to wait until 9th September to watch Arsenal in the second leg of the Champions League Qualifier, although a 3-0 win in the first leg is certainly helpful.

The INTERNATIONAL BREAK means that there are no matches for Arsenal or Brentford which is perhaps why they organised a friendly match between themselves.

L1 = Cheltenham (H) Milton Keynes Dons

L2= Exeter (H) Forest Green Rovers

NL = Weymouth (A) Solihull Moors

NS = Bath (H) Dartford

FAC1Q = Tiverton (A) Salisbury

FAC1Q = Willand (A) Aylesbury United

FAC1Q = Exmouth (A) Truro City

I love the F.A.Cup and hope to watch many cup matches in future but I hold little hope for my teams in these three matches. Any win will be a bonus.

SWPE = Bovey Tracey (A) Torrington

DLNE = Liverton United (H) Newtown

I will of course be monitoring the results in ALL of the F.A.Cup matches but if you have read my blog over the years you know I will be watching out for:

Worthing v. Corinthian Casuals

Jersey Bulls v. VCD Athletic

Tamworth v. Alvechurch

Bootle v. FC United of Manchester (A low level Liverpool v. Manchester match)

Plenty of football to get your teeth into.

No comments:

Post a Comment