Wednesday 7 October 2020

The Midweek matches

 So I check the matches for this week and find .....

The match between Exmouth Town and Plymouth Parkway has been postponed due to COVID. This may be a blessing in disguise as Parkway are running away with the league and we might get them when they are slightly weaker later in the season.

The other matches all took place last night.

Two matches were part of the EFL Trophy competition.

Cheltenham Town 2 Plymouth Argyle 0

Swindon Town 3 Exeter City 4

One win and one defeat is reasonable.


Two matches took place in the National League.

Weymouth 0 Woking 1

Oxford City 2 Bath City 0

Two defeats for my selected teams is completely unacceptable. I will have to have words.


Two more matches took place in the Southern League.

Yate Town 0 Tiverton Town 3

Bristol Manor Farm 2 Barnstaple Town 2

I can live with four points from two matches so well done my Southern League teams.


I have no expectations for my South West Peninsula League East selection.

Millbrook 3 Bovey Tracey 1

Sure enough that 18-1 win was an aberation. I must try and get hold of a match report. None found yet.


My schedule suggests that I can now relax until Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment