Saturday 3 October 2020

Everton Ladies are performing well

 It is Saturday lunchtime and I have two open windows on my computer. BT Sport is showing the Chelsea v. Crystal Palace match and the F.A.Player is showing the ladies of Aston Villa taking on Everton. The mens match is currently nil nil but the ladies are scoring freely on one side as Everton are currently leading 6-0 with two quick goals soon after half time.

Aston Villa v. Everton


I think it is probably time now to check whether the team allocations listed by the various leagues up and down the country actually turned into those teams playing in that league. There are always differences each year and I know when I first started this process that some teams never appeared in leagues that accepted them during the summer.

One day I may check past seasons but there is always so much to keep up with each season that my first priority has to be keeping the current season as up to date as possible, although it is necessarily a week or two behind with the lower leagues.

This season we know we have lost Macclesfield Town from the National League although I understand that the situation is subject to legal challenge. Last year we lost Bury and I am certain that COVID will lead to the loss of several more clubs before the season is over.

Right .. I am off to check my spreadsheets and I will report back with any information found.

No comments:

Post a Comment