Friday 2 October 2020

Shock! Horror! Probe!

 A lot has gone on this week and I will be blogging about that before too long but I have to register that I am currently stunned by what I just found out.

There is one team on my spreadsheet collection that is coloured RED in entirety. This means that they have lost every single match so far this season from friendlies through to the league. Bovey Tracey have lost 6-0 to Brixham and 8-0 to Ilfracombe Town.

On Wednesday evening Bovey Tracey travelled to Stoke Gabriel and this morning I decided to check on the result thinking that as Stoke Gabriel are firmly at the foot of the table maybe Bovey could grab their first point of the campaign by earning a draw.

Now we need a full probe to examine what was going on as I was certain that I was looking at a misprint on the South West Peninsula League website:

Stoke Gabriel 1 Bovey Tracey 18.

Apparently this is a league record so something strange has happened. My thoughts have turned to ....

1) New striker brought in from the Premier League

2) New manager that has an inspirational speech for every match

3) Stoke Gabriel have an entire team with COVID so they played the reserves

4) The Stoke Gabriel keeper was sent off in the first minute of the match

I think I will have to investigate further and try to find out what happened. This is a complete shock!

No comments:

Post a Comment