Saturday 13 November 2021

This weekend (13th November)

 I just heard that Stevie Gerrard has taken over from Dean Smith who was on the cusp I thought last week. That will be interesting when he has to take on Jurgen Clopp.

I will start with the women this week as Tottenham Hotspur against Arsenal will be on the BBC at 1:30pm so that sorts out my early afternoon viewing. Kim Little and her team are top of the league at the moment with only Chelsea looking like a threat at the moment. Leah Williamson is now playing in midfield for England and proving just what a good ball player she is. The strike force give Jonas Eidevall many options with Beth Mead proving better than my assessment of her as a nice little blonde.

In the women's Championship Bristol City are at home to Blackburn Rovers.

The F.A.Cup for Women is taking place on Sunday with two of my teams in action:

New Milton Town v. Bridgwater

Exeter v. Cardiff City

I shall be watching those two results with interest and hope one or both are on the F.A.Player.

Bideford are at home to Sherborne Town but I hold out little hope for them and expect relegation for them at the end of the season unless they are reprieved as the women's game is trying to build up and bulk out.

I can find no mention of a match for Liverton Ladies.

Shaldon Villa travel to Torquay United 2nds for their Devon League match.

The men all play today unless, as happened last time, there are any postponements due to international matches.

Cheltenham are away to AFC Wimbledon in League One.

Exeter are at home to Oldham Athletic in League Two.

Weymouth are away at Chesterfield in the National League.

Bath are away at Dulwich Hamlet in the National League South.

Tiverton are away at Harrow Borough in the Southern League Premier Division South.

Willand are at home to Highworth Town in the Southern League Division One South.

Bovey Tracey are away at Plymouth Marjon in the South West Peninsula League East.

Liverton United are at home against Exwick Villa in the Devon League North & East.

That concludes the listings for the weekend.

I was so tired after the week with my brother and his wife that I went to bed at half time of the England match so I am happy to see that I did not miss any of the goals. What was the second half like? I may have to check on You Tube but I do have better matches to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment