Monday 1 November 2021

Tonight

Tonight Wolves take on Everton and I shall at least start out watching the match. Whether I am still watching at the end will depend not on the goals but on the performances of the two teams. I will be happy with quality passing in midfield and I will be happy with end to end shots and long balls but a variety would be best of all.

The weekend was mostly happy for me as Arsenal beat Leicester and Arsenal beat Brighton to qualify for the F.A.Cup Final last season. I like that sentence but it means that the men beat Leicester to go fifth only dropping to sixth after Manchester United beat Tottenham, a result that no Arsenal fan can complain about. The women are still playing the F.A.Cup 2020/21 as it was not completed last may and the girls are now in the final which takes place on December 5th.

Brentford struggled against Burnley but I predicted that as Burnley have a lot in common with the Championship in terms of their competitiveness. Brentford will do better against more skilfull teams as was evidenced against Liverpool.

There were many games postponed due to torrential rain and I think the postponing season is only just started. There may be many more purple patches on my spreadsheet before this year is over.

Now to settle down and watch some good old football.

No comments:

Post a Comment