Thursday 4 November 2021

This past week gone

 Tonight West Ham take on Genk in the Europa League while Leicester take on Spartak Moscow. Manchester City take on Durham in the Women's League Cup but over the past couple of night some of MY teams have been in action.

In the Championship Bournemouth suffered an upset as Preston beat them 2-1 in their own stadium. Nothing to do with me any more. I would be one of those walking out. Come on lads, top of the league, play like it and WIN EVERYTHING!

In the F.A.Trophy Tiverton drew 1-1 with Swindon Supermarine so the match went to penalties. Tiverton managed to win the shootout by 5 penalties to 4.

The previous evening Cheltenham Town took on Portsmouth in the solent (well, nearby) and successfully held the home team to a 1-1 draw. Match Report to follow.

I have been following Arsenal Youth a lot more closely lately and noticed that there is an Under 23 team and an Under 18 team. This meant that I was intrigued to find that the Under 21 side are competing in the EFL Trophy and drew 1-1 away at Plymouth. Plymouth went on to win the penalty shootout 5-4 which is disappointing but I note that many of the team are in fact under 18 players.

This magical game of football is huge when you look at the number of teams and the number of participants. It is impossible to keep an eye on all of it but I am determined to try which is why I am collecting records of all the leagues in the professional game.

I even started looking at the Scottish and Welsh leagues but have abandoned that idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment