Monday 8 November 2021

Monday 8th November

 Last night my brother, the West Ham supporter, arrived from the Far East (Essex) and we watched the women from Arsenal and West Ham battle it out as we caught up with what is happening in both our lives.

I was, of course, happy that the Arsenal girls won 4-0 and we asked what they wanted from their holiday in Devon. The response was that they wanted to see Dartmoor so we spent most of today driving from closed pub to closed cafe eventually finding an open pub that was only serving Cream Teas as far as food was concerned.

I had already planned a Cream Tea for the afternoon so we settled for Cream Tea at lunch time and I am glad we did as the planned cafe for the cream tea was also closed so we could have missed out on the archetypal Devon experience.

Upon returning home my wife and I just wanted to veg so we watched a film that we both enjoyed. We like people watching films and this one was about four different generations and the complications that can develop.

My brother wanted to treat us to a meal some time this week so we thought that after missing out on a main meal at lunchtime tonight would be a good time. We had two courses plus coffee whilst continuing the catch up and eventually returned home before half time in the matches that I chose to watch.

My wife was happy to spend time on her Kindle while I watched the F.A.Cup match between Dagenham & Redbridge and Salford City on the TV whilst at the same time watching my chosen Bristol City women take on Coventry United on the computer. This watching two matches is becoming a habit as more and more games are now being covered live by different platforms.

The F.A.Cup was ALL DAGENHAM AND REDBRIDGE but Salford scored the only goal of the game to win the match. That is the beauty of football. Dagenham and Redbridge clearly won on points but it is the goals that count and Salford are through to the next round.

Coventry City took the lead in the ladies match although I thought there was a handball in the build up that was not mentioned. Bristol City kept trying and had chances to equalise before my favourite Chunky Abi Harrison slammed the ball into the Coventry net after it came off the crossbar. The match finished as a draw 1-1.

I do love watching two matches at once. It is only a problem if the goal mouth action takes place in both games at the same time but now that most platforms have action replays even that is no longer troublesome.

I can now retire (my wife is already warming the bed up) with a warm feeling about a very complete day. There are plenty of bad days and average days and days when little happens but today was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment