Friday 5 November 2021

The weekend ahead (5th November)

 Tonight my daughter has promised to take me to a viewpoint over the whole area where we should see the early firework displays going off. It is a few years since I went to the top of a hill to watch fireworks so it should be interesting and I hope entertaining, which is just how I like my football.

Also tonight my South West Peninsula League team, Bovey Tracey, take on Ivybridge Town at home and last time I checked their second team were top of the league so they should be using the best of the seconds to improve the first team. I know that does not always work but I have seen it produce "difference" which can spark a team that is struggling for inspiration.

On Saturday my Premier League match is Brentford v. Norwich City. With Norwich at the foot of the table I hope my boys do not let them get a foot on the ladder. Three points are always useful.

My Championship match is Bournemouth against Swansea City and having suffered their first defeat of the season to Preston in midweek I hope my lads react positively and put Swansea out of sight early in the match.

Being a Football Pyramid fan it is fascinating to watch the F.A.Cup matches move steadily up through the levels and we have reached the First Round Proper which means that League One and League Two teams come into the reckoning.

Cheltenham are away at Gillingham.

Exeter are away at Bradford City.

Weymouth do not have a game this week.

Bath City are at home to Welling United in the National League South.

Tiverton, having qualified in midweek for the next round of the F.A.Trophy, now return to the Southern League and travel to Farnborough for their match.

Willand Rovers are away at Lymington Town in Division One South.

Exmouth are at home to Ashton & Backwell United and I hope they get a win.

Liverton are at home to Feniton and I hope that they too get a win.

On Sunday I shall be watching at least two matches on television:

Arsenal are at home to Watford at 14:00.

Arsenal Women are at home to West Ham United at 18:45.

Bridgwater Women are away at Oxford United in the Womens National League Cup.

Exeter City Women are at home to Keynsham Town in the Womens National League Plate.

Bideford Women travel to Royal Wootton Basset Town in their League match.

Liverton Women take on Plymouth Argyle Under 23s in the Western Division. I am pretty sure that there will be little difference in the ages of the two teams.

Shaldon Villa are at home against Lakeside Athletic in the Devon League and I love their match reports. All teams should produce match reports for those of us who care about but are no longer able to get out and about so freely.

Finally, Bristol City are playing on Monday Night. I must find out if this is because of television coverage. Bristol are away to Coventry United.

No comments:

Post a Comment