Wednesday 17 November 2021

F.A.Trophy = Second Round Fixtures

 Yesterday I updated my spreadsheets for the F.A.Trophy and the Womens F.A.Cup so I thought I should just look through and comment on any scores and the latest draw.

The National League North and South are joining in at the Second Round stage of the F.A.Trophy taking place on Saturday 27th November. With that in mind and given that the competition is only open to levels 5,6,7 and 8 (steps 1,2,3 and 4) I shall focus on the level 8 teams that are still in with a (slim) chance.

Marine knocked out Dunston on penalties in the last round and now take on Bradford Park Avenue.

Liversedge are at home to Lancaster City.

Marske United travel to Matlock Town.

Welwyn Garden City travel to Needham Market but not for fresh vegetables.

Felixstowe & Walton United entertain AFC Telford so that is a bit of a trek for the visitors.

Hanwell Town entertain Enfield Town.

Binfield are at home against Truro City. I always think Truro are underdogs but not in this case.

AFC Totton travel to Concord Rangers.

Plymouth Parkway entertain Hampton & Richmond Borough.

Canvey Island are at home to Tonbridge Angels. I hope they behave like angels.

Brentwood Town are at home to Dulwich Hamlet.

Uxbridge travel to Chippenham Town.

Finally, Larkhall Athletic have to visit Wimborne Town.

The largest gap at this stage is TWO LEVELS making it less appealing than the F.A.Cup but I still like to see the lower level team beat the higher level team. In this competition the feat is less like Giant Killing and more like Big Guy Thrashing. I await the results with interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment