Friday 29 October 2021

The weekend ahead (October 29th)

 I hope everyone is getting ready for the halloween parties with lots of fake blood and gore, fancy costumes and ghostly stories. Some of you may even be visiting haunted houses and castles as the end of British Summer Time approaches. Next week it GETS DARK EARLY.

On wednesday night my Bovey Tracey lads managed to lose 6-0 away at Ottery St Mary which goes with being a mid table club. We are losing heavily to the teams at the top and we are beating the teams at the bottom. The league, therefore, is doing what it is supposed to do by identifying the better teams and those that are not so good.

My weekend starts tonight. As it happens I will be watching Exeter Chiefs rugby union team away at Gloucester but I also have my Exmouth lads travelling to Tavistock to take on the team who are top of the league. I should expect nothing out of this match but Exmouth are battlers and are quite capable of upsets and surprises. We shall see at the end of the evening but my eyes will be on Twitter.

With Liverton United having their match postponed that covers levels 11, 10 and 9. Liverton may be able to arrange a replacement fixture but I am likely to find out about that only after the event.

My Southern League picks are both competing in the F.A.Trophy third qualifying round.

Willand Rovers are away at Yate Town.

Tiverton Town are at home to Swindon Supermarine.

My National League picks are competing in ....... wait for it ..... the National League.

In the South Division Bath City travel to Ebbsfleet United near where I came from.

In the National Division Weymouth entertain King's Lynn Town (prompting me to ask the question ... what is a Lynn?).

In the English Football League, which prompts another question, "Why do they allow Premier League teams into the EFL Cup?", but that it is a whole other blog post, the following matches are scheduled.

League Two: Salford City v. Exeter City (two cities so obviously on an equal footing).

League One: Cheltenham v. Sheffield Wednesday (but they are playing on a Saturday).

Championship: Reading v. Bournemouth

and finally in the Premier League:

Burnley v. Brentford (welcome to the far north west Brentford, I hope you do well)

Leicester v. Arsenal (Leicester are no longer a team to be dismissed, so good match up)

I look forward to the weekend and my future post about the EFL Cup.


No comments:

Post a Comment