Tuesday 26 October 2021

F.A.CUP DRAW FOR WOMEN

 The First Round of the F.A.Cup has been arrived at for both MEN AND WOMEN. The women's draw took place yesterday and I have updated my spreadsheet today.

My Bridgwater girls are away to New Milton Town, three levels below them, so I hope that they are up to the challenge of putting away the minnows.

My Exeter girls having been gifted their place by a walkover in the last round are at home to Cardiff City who are one level above so that contest should be about even with Exeter having the home advantage.

The Torquay team that I dropped before the season started are away to St Austell and there are a few County League teams that have made it all the way to the First Round proper.

So I must give a mention to the County League teams:


Good luck to the level seven teams. Going by level the best chance of reaching Round Two lies with Netherton United Ladies & Girls. This is still the designation as the female side of the game moves forward. Only when ALL teams are called WOMEN will be at the stage where they can start to be fully professional and we will just think about the name of the club.

The matches take place on November 14th and I for one will try and find a live stream from somewhere.

On Sunday I thoroughly enjoyed the Hashtag United v. Enfield Town match and I have to say that the commentator deserves credit for his excellent effort even in the face of a wind up when his friends told him that Tottenham had equalised against West Ham.

I was tempted to sign up but I follow so many teams that I cannot justify even a fiver until I win the lottery or earn myself some commission from my hobby.

Tonight I watch Arsenal take on Leeds and maybe those match reports will follow or maybe they will wait another day as my wife has me working on the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment