Sunday 29 August 2021

THE WOMEN

 Well I noticed today that the National League got underway without me noticing and I do look out for and want to support the women.

In the Southern Premier Division : Bridgwater United Women 4 Chichester & Selsey Women 0

In the Division One South West : Exeter City Women 6 Poole Town Women 1

Two good wins for my selections in their opening fixtures but that was way back on 15th August. How could I have missed it?

Probably because I was focussed on watch Arsenal Women attempting to qualify for the Champions League:

Arsenal 4 FC Okzheptes (yes, THEM!) 0

and

Arsenal 3 PSV Eindhoven 1

Those two results in Moscow allowed us into the final qualifying contest against Slavia Prague.

We are at home on August 31st and away on 8th September and whoever wins that one will be in the draw for the group stages of the Champions League. Being a second rate club thanks to the Kroenke family is all new to me.

While all this is going on there was a second round of matches in the National League that I am only now finding out about.

In the Southern Premier Division : Milton Keynes Dons 1 Bridgwater United 1

In the Division One South West : AFC Bournemouth 1 Exeter City Women 1

SO the season has started with a home win and away draw for both of my teams.

Today I intend to follow my teams in their respective matches:

Womens Championship : Crystal Palace v. Bristol City

National League Southern Premier : Bridgwater United v. Crawley Wasps

National League One South West : Exeter City v. Cheltenham Town

The other lower womens leagues are still very confused online.


No comments:

Post a Comment