Friday 6 August 2021

The Weekend Coming Up

 Tonight I get to watch my new Championship pick live on Sky Sports (via now TV, I will not pay Rupert Murdoch a single penny directly) and I am looking forward to watching Scott Parker marshalling his troops although I am sad that Jack Wilshere departed in the summer.

Lloyd Kelly has been skippering in pre-season while Dominic Solanke has been knocking in the goals. I found out today that Sam Surridge has left to pursue a career at Stoke City so he must like those cold wet nights.

Asmir Begovic left to join Everton presumably with hopes of European football. Mark Travers, the Irish goalkeeper has been between the sticks in pre-season.

Bournemouth are at home to West Bromwich Albion in what could be a Championship decider at the very start of the season. Both teams should be pushing for victory.

Tomorrow night I switch to BT Sport where my Premier League pick Brentford (Yes! Premier League!) take on Valencia in a friendly that is good practice for European football next season.

At the bottom of the pyramid Bovey Tracey take on Dartmouth at the start of their league season.

EXMOUTH TRAVEL TO BUCKLAND ATHLETIC IN THE F.A.CUP WHICH STARTS TOMORROW.

Bath are away to Hereford in a pre-season friendly.

Weymouth are away to Wimborne in a pre-season friendly.

LEAGUE TWO starts with Exeter City at home to Bradford City.

LEAGUE ONE starts with Cheltenham Town travelling to Crewe.

The season is now starting for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment