Friday 27 August 2021

HALF TIME : Burton Albion 0 Cheltenham Town 1

 I am thoroughly enjoying this match. The commentary team explained how strong Burton Albion are despite their injury list and for the first half of the first half I was urging my boys to hold on and strike on the break.

Sure enough, against the run of play Cheltenham put the ball in the back of the net through Callum Wright who is on loan from Leicester City. I CHEERED! Instead of following the team I have become a fan after a mere 45 minutes. I am posting this because it might not last but at half time my League One boys are in the lead.

I have never heard of this happening before but Cheltenham sold their CAPTAIN, Ben Tozer, to Wrexham today, on the day of the match. This must have left the other players perplexed. They had two ways to react and I think they have chosen the "Get on with it" option.

Scott Flinders has made me feel very confident with both his handling and his footwork.

Callum Wright (No.16) and Liam Sercombe (No.8) have been the mainstays of the midfield at Cheltenham and now I have seen little Alfie May he is NOT that little. He caused a few problems in the Burton defence at the end of the first half but whatever happens I am really looking forward to the second half.

Any football fans with access I urge you to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment