Friday 27 August 2021

The Weekend Ahead

 Let me have a look at what the weekend ahead holds for me .....

I know about Arsenal travelling up to Manchester City and we were discussing how best not to lose by seven goals and then Banger scored a hat-trick against West Brom. It does not matter that the team was a young set of Championship reserves as the key was to get Banger banging them in again. He scored three goals, two tap-ins and one of his wonder strikes from his favourite goal scoring position.

Laccy got a goal too as did Bukayo the England hero so we are all set up to take our chances if City offer us any.

Tonight I get my first chance to look at my League One selection Cheltenham. They travel to Burton Albion and I will get a chance to put some faces to names using NOW TV (I will not mention the scumbags covering the match).

I expect Owen Evans in goal and Sean Long in defence. Ben Tozer seems to have got the Captain's role and the other defenders have been changed in each match. Liam Sercombe and Callum Wright seem to be the first choice midfielders and up front I expect to see George Lloyd and according to the match reports "little" Alfie May.

I hope it is a match worth watching as football varies from dull as ditchwater to the flaming glory of a Banger Hat-Trick.

Brentford are away at Aston Villa so my money there is on a draw. Bournemouth are away at Hull City and I expect defeat in that one but you never know. Exeter are away at Harrogate Town and if we set up as we have before then that one will finish 0-0. Weymouth have a tricky away match at relegated Grimsby Town.

The next four would once upon a time have seen me watching one of the matches but I do not want to be part of the fourth wave that is coming:

Bath City v. Chelmsford City

Tiverton Town v. Walton Casuals

Willand Rovers v. Sholing

Exmouth Town v. Cadbury Heath

Elmore v. Bovey Tracey

It would be good to go back to the Elmore ground where I first started my pyramid exploration. I really ought to find out how the team came to be playing in Tiverton as Elmore itself is on the outskirts of Gloucester.


No comments:

Post a Comment