Saturday 17 August 2019

Saturday 17th August

So ... serious work on my spreadsheet allows me to tell you that my teams are in action as follows:

Liverton are away to Newtown and the idea of lunch at the Beer Engine followed by a football match is very appealing but I have followed this through and timings may not allow this.

Elmore are at home to Cullompton Rangers. I know and love their ground with the smallest stand that I ever sat in, seating about 100 people, 50 each side of the tunnel.

Exmouth are away to Bitton and I have not researched enough to know how far they have to travel so this match was never on my agenda.

Barnstaple are away at Basingstoke Town and as I have an Uncle and Aunt who live there I should by now have visited that ground but it remains a mystery to me. I hope to change that before too long.

Tiverton are away at Walton Casuals and like the Exmouth match I have not checked to see how far they are travelling and this match remains well off my watch list.

Weymouth are at home to Dartford and I do intend to make the journey to Weymouth at some point this year. It is just over an hour away but probably an hour and a half when you take traffic into account.

Torquay are away to Dover Athletic and as I have no plans to hop on a ferry to Europe I am not going to make the journey to the opposite end of the country.

Exeter are at home to Swindon Town but I have stopped going to League Two matches there as I found the cost to be well above the entertainment value. I used to go once a season but I was given the same experience every year. High prices and low entertainment value.

Southend United, my old home town club, travel away to Danny Cowley's Lincoln City and I feel that I owe more loyalty to Danny who came from Non League Football than I do to a team that always let me down when I watched them on a regular basis.

Brentford are at home to Hull City and after a disappointing start to the season I hope to see the home side start to perform to the standards that they have been approaching for the past few seasons.

Arsenal are my main team and are at home to Burnley. What is more they are on BT Sports and we have at long last persuaded BT to connect us up. They gave us a new telephone number but could not get it to work so they connected as back to the old one for the previous owner. The BT Sports package is also connected but we found that with two boxes we could not watch the same channel in two separate rooms. Why is that? Does anyone know?

Wife is calling. I have to find her a power cable. Enjoy the weekend all you football fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment