Wednesday 14 August 2019

Long Summer

It has been a long summer. I have moved home and anyone who has done so knows the time and effort involved, and how exhausting it all is when you are trying to co-ordinate a number of diverse personnel to achieve a single goal.

The worst aspect of all was British Telecom who cancelled our internet order five times and then when they did turn up left us with a completely dead telephone line. There is no point getting angry as their telephones are manned by people who know how bad their own company is and we have had to accept many apologies although we are now pushing for some form of compensation.

In all that time the football season has started and I have not yet specified by selections. My spreadsheets are also behind due to lack of internet so I hope to catch up, bring you all up to date, and entertain both of you who enjoy this blog.

My first live match of the season was the F.A.Cup Extra Preliminary Round match between Exmouth and Barnstaple. I have followed both teams in the past and may keep both in my selections so the match was a MUST for me. Exmouth of the Western League (Level 9) beat Barnstaple of the Southern League (Level 8) so it could be seen as a bit of an upset but I expected that result as Exmouth were promoted from the South West Peninsula League and Barnstaple were reprieved from relegation due to lack of suitable replacements. 2-0 and Exmouth were well worth their win.

Hope to get time now to blog a bit more ... no promises.


No comments:

Post a Comment