Wednesday 14 August 2019

Level 3 Selection = Southend United (Football League One)

This was my home town team when I was a teenager. I remember doing a "do you remember" test on Southend United players a few years back and I remembered the players from 25 years previously although I could not name the then current squad. My memories are of Ron Pountney, Alan Little and little Kevin Cunningham with that header against Queens Park Rangers.

When I started my Football Pyramid research this was the obvious team to get back in touch with from League One so I did so and I keep an eye on them every season now.

I could not find a list of friendly fixtures but the league has started with two defeats, 1-0 away at Coventry and 3-1 at home to Blackpool. Never mind, they must have said, we can concentrate on the cup. The Carabao first round saw us beat Stevenage 2-1 away from home.

This weekend coming sees us travel to Lincoln to take on Danny Cowley. My money is on Danny.

No comments:

Post a Comment