Wednesday 14 August 2019

Level 1 Selection = Arsenal (Premier League)

This team has been a constant in my selections. My heart tells me to keep picking them as I have been a fan for as long as I remember. It may be that I chose them rather than be beaten up in the school playground but I could not have picked a more reliable club.

The friendlies opened with a 3-3 draw at Boreham Wood with Arsenal fielding a young side. Three wins and a draw followed as my boys beat Colorado Rapids 3-0 in a friendly then Bayern Munich 2-1 and Fiorentina 3-0 in the International Champions Cup. The last match in that tournament saw us draw 2-2 with Real Madrid.

An Arsenal side beat Barnet 3-2 on the same day that we were drawing with Real Madrid which shows strength in depth, not something Arsenal have shown over the past few seasons.

Our first defeat was in the Emirates Cup. Lyon beat us 2-1 and this was the men not the women so that club clearly are doing things right. A draw 1-1 away at Angers was followed by defeat to Barcelona in the Joan Gamper trophy. We lost thanks to a Suarez goal in the last minute of the match.

The league season has started with a 1-0 win away at Newcastle. I appreciate that start as I well remember a certain 4-4 draw. Our next match is at home to Burnley.

The transfer market has seen us participate actively and I am looking forward to seeing our new stars bring their skills to the Emirates Stadium. I look forward to our challenge for the Champions League places.


No comments:

Post a Comment