Wednesday 14 August 2019

Level 10 Selection = Elmore (South West Peninsula League East)

Elmore have a special place in my memory as they were my happy discovery when I was looking for a low level professional team to support.

They asked me for a Fiver to enter the ground and I was able to watch Exwick Villa for £3 and this gave me a very firm impression that value for money is so much better at this level. Things may change but Level 10 is the lowest professional (semi-professional) league and from Level 11 the County rules apply and no entrance fee should be charged.

I hope that the F.A. have not destroyed West Country football by removing one level of the South West Peninsula League. In my mind it gave teams the chance to move from amateur to professional football within the same league so that they could get the support needed to make the transition. Now clubs will have to move from another amateur league straight into the professional game where rules are so much more stringent and costs can quickly mount up.

I expect to watch Elmore a few times when they are playing midweek and perhaps I might make the odd weekend match too.

No comments:

Post a Comment