Wednesday 14 August 2019

Level 5 Selection = Torquay United (National League)

The first real decision has come at Level 5, Step 1 of the Non League game.

Last season I followed Eastleigh which I think was because they were the nearest team geographically to Exeter. Their internet coverage was poor to begin with but improved as time passed. I could have carried on following them but their owner moved up north and new management usually takes time to bed in.

A team that I have followed in the past is Yeovil. They dropped from League Two and I could have gone for them as their ground is just over an hour away. Their Green kit would make a change from the red and blue I have at the top end of my selections.

In the end I went for a team on the up. Torquay United have been promoted from the National League South and their Yellow kit is an equally substantial change. Also, when I went to my spreadsheet I had already typed in the Torquay fixtures so I must have picked them as my selection earlier in the summer.

A 2-1 win at home to Boreham Wood was followed by a 3-0 defeat away at Solihull Moors. A creditable 3-3 draw at Bromley has been followed by a 2-0 home defeat to Maidenhead United. It was in fact Maidenhead United that I saw in my only live match at Plainmoor, but this season I hope to pop in more that once to watch National League football.

Torquay United it is, despite the intense rivalry with Exeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment