Saturday 15 August 2015

8 = Tiverton Town

Tiverton is the place where my blog really started as I attended a Western League fixture there before Elmore Eagles moved to the South West Peninsula League and subsequently folded at that level.

For 10 years I have "intended" to go and watch a level 8 fixture. Tiverton Town have patiently waited at that level for me to do so. I wonder if I actually do whether they will be promoted or relegated.

I note that in their friendly matches the team has beaten Axminster 7-0 and they also beat an Exeter City XI 5-3. They did lose 3-2 to Torquay United though.

In the Southern League they have lost 2-0 away to North Leigh and 3-1 at home to Mangotsfield United. Today, however, saw a home win as they have beaten Cinderford Town 2-1.

Tiverton is only a half hour drive with a lovely pub on the way so I can see this being the season I attend a fixture there. I have has this same thought in past seasons though and it has yet to pass.


No comments:

Post a Comment