Saturday 15 August 2015

10 = Exmouth Town

Western League Division One was worrying me and I could not choose between AFC Wellington (a Somerset club) and Chard (another Somerset club) so a sudden realisation took place that in my area (region) the South West Peninsula League Premier Division is at the same level as the Western League Division One. Armed with this information I sought an alternative and found one of my wife's favourite places, Exmouth Town, on the list. I even found that our favourite pub, The Grove, is sponsoring this season. Most importantly, Exmouth is in Devon. Sold!

How have this club fared so far. They have a second team that I will examine later but the first team has had a poor start to the season.

8th August = 1-0 Home defeat to Saltash United

11th August = 2-1 Home defeat to Ivybridge Town

This could lead to some supporters at some clubs swapping the terraces for the local hostelries.

Today, however, I notice that away from home the performance was much better:

15th August = 2-0 Away win at Launceston.

The season is up and running. This is a club I expect to watch a few times.

No comments:

Post a Comment