Sunday 16 August 2015

3 = Southend United

The first pre-season friendly was against a team I have known since I was a youngster. We used to play our football matches on the field next door to the Great Wakering Rovers home pitch. Southend beat Great Wakering 1-0 to start the pre-season with a win.

Defeats to Braintree Town and West Ham United were followed by a 4-0 win over Canvey Island. The team from Canvey is another one I have watched with interest as they have progressed. After losing to Leyton Orient the real work began.

August 8th: Fleetwood Town (H) 1-1 DRAW

August 11th: Brighton (H) Capital One Cup 1-0 DEFEAT

August 15th: Walsall (H) 2-0 DEFEAT

Apart from a natural aversion to Phil Brown I look forward to the adventure of following my old home town team.


No comments:

Post a Comment