Monday 8 August 2022

The Midweek matches 9th and 10th August

 Some teams do not get their fixture lists in order until after the season starts so I usually list all teams then try and find out if they have any games on the dates concerned. I often miss out on matches that only appear after they have been played but such is life as a football fan.

The season is now well underway and I am broadly happy with the way things are going for my selections although Bristol City could do better. Maybe they will be a single season selection. They are only really in because of the women's team anyway. Come on City!

The midweek games coming up are as follows:


The carabao cup gets underway for the Football League teams so I shall keep an eye open for the results tonight and tomorrow. Coverage is notoriously poor for this competition so I do not expect to see any action from the matches but we can live in hope.

At the lower end of the pyramid Buckland Athletic travel to Barnstaple and Bovey Tracey travel to Brixham, a journey made much easier since the construction of the Kingskerswell bypass.

Right, my jobs for today are to walk the kitten in the garden as she still needs a lead, and to check the pool for chlorine and Ph level. Onwards into the season proper we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment