Saturday 23 April 2022

EXETER v. Rochdale

 I took my eye off the ball with Exeter City and it was only when I went on a Dartmoor break with a friend that I checked the table and the Grecians were suddenly in second place in the table.

I asked my friend about this and he said that although we have been winning the performances have not been convincing. We scraped through a few fixtures and got the luck at the right time which accurately describes most successful football teams. Liverpool and Manchester City have bought their success but for most it requires a lot of luck.

With four games to go we can still win the league but let me work out how low we could go if we lost the lot.

POINTS

82 = Forest Green Rovers

77 = Exeter City

75 = Port Vale

73 = Northampton Town

73 = Bristol Rovers

70 = Sutton United (great position for a newly promoted team)

69 = Tranmere Rovers (they must be disappointed with that)

69 = Mansfield Town

I think that is it although technically Swindon Town could draw level with four wins.

All but in the playoffs then but we want an automatic promotion slot.

Exeter can then replace Cheltenham as my League One pick next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment