Saturday 4 May 2013

My Corner of the Pyramid

For the project I have to find a local team (obviously to keep travelling costs to a minimum).

MY PYRAMID

1. Premiership
2. Championship
3. League One
4. League Two
5. Conference Premier
6. Conference South
7. Southern League Premier
8. Southern League South & West
9. Western League Premier
10. Western League First Division

At this point I noticed an anomaly. The pyramid is not perfectly structured.
To get things right I have to break the pyramid and that has led me to my conclusion.

The Western League First Division has been given the same grading as the South West Peninsula League Premier Division so any team wanting to progress from the South West Peninsula League goes straight into the Western League Premier Division.

10. South West Peninsula League Premier Division
11. South West Peninsula League East Division
12. Devon & Exeter League Premier Division
13. Devon & Exeter League Division One
14. Devon & Exeter League Division Two
15. Devon & Exeter League Division Three
16. Devon & Exeter League Division Four
17. Devon & Exeter League Division Five
18. Devon & Exeter League Division Six
19. Devon & Exeter League Division Seven
20. Devon & Exeter League Division Eight

So I can choose one or maybe both of two "Ten year project"s.

A) Get a team from division 8 of the Devon & Exeter League into the South West Peninsula League.

OR

B) Get a team from the Western League First Division into the Premiership

I am well aware that this will not happen for me but if enough people try in various regions of the country it will happen for somebody sometime and that is the aim.

No comments:

Post a Comment