Sunday 23 May 2021

The next morning (League Two Day)

 So my wife made me watch the Eurovision Song Contest last night and I made note of the wide variety of thigh sizes and shapes on show. Malta won. This followed an invitation to the early evening film for the youngest member where we watched Thor Ragnarok, part of a series of films it has been explained to me, from the marvel series. Keeping the youngster happy was key but it meant I had to leave the F.A.Trophy final with Hereford leading 1-0 and looking in complete control.

This morning I woke up and was delighted to hear that my Essex boys, the minnows, the pub team from Hornchurch, had beaten Hereford 3-1. Mark Stimson had worked the miracle and got a level 7 step 3 team to the pinnacle of the event at Wembley.

Hereford 1 Hornchurch 3

Earlier in the day I had watched Sunderland draw level with Lincoln City by winning the first half 2-0. The Imps had hardly a kick in the first half but came out in the second and started to play. They scored the goal needed to lose by only 2 goals to 1 and go through to the final

Sunderland 2 Lincoln City 1

As the Eurovision Song Contest started I watched the end of the Swansea v. Barnsley Championship Playoff Semi-final where the score was 1-1 as I switched on and it remained the same until the end of the match,

Swansea 1 Barnsley 1

A great day of football for me but with much else thrown in.

Today I get to find out if Arsenal get the luck of all lucks and qualify for the Europa Cup. The expectation has to be that Arsenal beat Brighton, that Manchester City beat Everton and that Leicester beat Tottenham but football rarely goes according to expectations. I think that Leicester need to win by 5 goals or more to prevent Liverpool from taking their place in the Champions League. I hope that they are aware of this and put double figures into the Spurs net. That would be particularly entertaining for an Arsenal supporter.

The League Two playoff matches are Morecambe against Tranmere with Morecambe already 2-1 up and Forest Green against Newport County with County 2-0 up from the first leg.

Another great day of football as the season reaches its conclusion.


No comments:

Post a Comment