Saturday 29 May 2021

Tenth Time Lucky

 MY BOYS HAVE DONE IT!

It will create a problem for this BLOG but that is something I will deal with in the next few weeks.

Brentford will be playing football in the PREMIER LEAGUE next season.

The win was fully deserved as it was last year when Fulham simply stopped Brentford from playing rather than winning the match. It is no surprise to me that Fulham came straight back down. I think Thomas Frank will have the tactical nous to keep Brentford in the Premier League for a second season. New teams are hard to tie down in the first season and I trust that Brentford will be one of those. Second seasons are harder because the opposition know what to expect and can counter it.

This is the tenth time in the playoffs for Brentford and it is the first promotion. They ARE ready. I have watched the last few seasons with Watkins, Benrahma and Mbeumo and I watched this season with Ivan Toney. Those strikers performed because the team behind them made the chances.

Thomas Frank is on the television now being interviewed and he rightly claims that Brentford have been one of the best teams in the Championship for the last two seasons. The result is now confirmed and the Premier League is the challenge although Brentford must have one of the smallest budgets with which to compete. Access to television money will help and maybe some strengthening can be done but the team I have watched all season will not be easy to beat even by Premier League teams.

I am really looking forward to next season now. I can compare a team I know well as it challenges for the biggest prize in this country.

This blog is going to have to change and I will work out how once the dust has settled.

No comments:

Post a Comment