Wednesday 19 September 2018

Level Eleven

As my regular reader knows my choice at Level 11 was Elmore.

I visited Elmore Eagles many years ago but I have not found the "Eagles" attachment in any of the recent reports. The old team combusted and dropped out of their league with the second team becoming the first team. They had switched from the Western League to the South West Peninsula League but it did not work out for them.

I see that the second team has risen through the ranks since it became the first team. This is something that you would expect and it has happened to many clubs through history. This season the team have reached the South West Peninsula League Division One East which is at Level 11 and Step 7 which entitles the team to enter the F.A.Vase. I think this is subject to ground grading.

I just looked at the results for this team which can be found here:

Elmore Fixtures and Results

This is very good going so I imagined Elmore sitting top of the league and I was not wrong.

South West Peninsula League Division One East

These boys have got to be worth a look. I notice that Daniel Tapp is still playing and he stood out years back. He must have a few good players around him to make the progress that has been made so I will look out for an opportunity to watch this side before too long.

Great going Elmore. Next season you should be back where you were years ago and then you need to improve to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment