Monday 3 September 2018

ExmouthTown

So .... (I only said that because it seems to be the trendy start to any conversation) .... I got the washing up done including my lunchtime dishes and I was just about to start the hoovering when my little kitten charged into the room chasing what seemed to be a very large mouse or a very small rat. They were at top speed as they disappeared under the table. Next thing I know the thing has shot across the room behind the sofa, past the CD rack and under a set of drawers. Coco the kitten was slower this time knowing that the creature was cornered. I began to feel that my aim of attending a live match was over. The main aim was to make sure the place was ready for my wife to return home after work with nothing to do. I have a heart condition so I know how key it is to remain relaxed in stressful situations so I sat back and thought about my options.

Coco sat on guard by the CD rack then came up with her plan. If she jumped onto the sofa with me the creature would not see her and may come running out. She peered round the edge of the sofa for a good few minutes but it was when she gave up that the creature shot back across the room and under the table once again. I then made my plan by opening the door to the hallway and blocking another gap with a cushion. It worked but I was slightly shocked when the creature flew out into the hall. It was a bird that had been scurrying around my lounge. I closed Coco in the lounge and set about encouraging the bird out of the house. It was reluctant to go. Maybe it wanted to play with Coco. First it hid behind the hoover then when I had ensured that the back door was open I used the sucking handle to nudge it in the right direction. It flew the other way (naturally) but with more encouragement eventually it flew through the opening and landed right beside my male cat Tickles (lazy boy) who shot into action and chased it behind the flower pots. A few minutes later it took refuge behind the water butt and I decided to let nature take its course.

After closing the back door I discovered that the play covered all levels of the house (I have three storeys) and there were feathers on every level. The hoovering was now more important than ever and I set about removing the dirt from all levels. By the time that was complete I checked the time and it would be touch and go whether I made the train to Exmouth. The car was in need of a new tank of fuel so I decided to kill two birds (bad joke) with one stone and fill up on my way to Exmouth. I was on my way to a live match and you can read my match report in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment