Sunday 4 October 2015

October starts well

Arsenal have just beaten Manchester United 3-0 at the Emirates Stadium as I sit down to write about my pyramid teams. My number one pick are easy to follow as they are almost always shown live on TV making an inroad into my living room that I just cannot ignore.

My number two pick Brentford seem to be going through a bad patch as they sink down the league.Twentieth position in the Championship is just above the relegation zone. Buck up Brentford.
Losing 2-0 away at Derby County is not what the doctor ordered.

Southend United travelled to Burton Albion and managed to lose 1-0. This places my league one pick in 11th place in the table.

Exeter City managed to get a 1-1 draw away at Newport County and also sit in 11th place in their league.

Torquay United lost at home to Aldershot in the National League and are now firmly in a relegation position in 22nd place. Conference South here we come unless there is a dramatic change in fortune.

Weston-super-Mare have crept off the bottom of the table while I looked the other way so I guess the result yesterday was not a bad one. Sure enough the long trip across country to Margate resulted in a 2-0 win for the seagulls. Who in the world likes seagulls?

Bideford are similarly one place above the bottom of the table in the Southern League Premier Division. Losing 2-1 away at Slough Town certainly will not help the attempt to rise up the league.

Tiverton Town were involved in the F.A.Trophy yesterday and spent their time beating AFC Totton 2-0 to go through to the second qualifying round. The 1-0 win over Yate Town on Tuesday was enough to see them into fifth place in the Southern League South & West Division.

Barnstaple Town were involved in the F.A.Trophy yesterday. They managed a 4-1 win away at Ivybridge Town. Their position of fifth in the league matches Tiverton and just behind the promotion places is a good place to be at this time in the year.

 Lastly, at level 10 in the South West Peninsula League Premier Division I am following Exmouth Town and have already missed two chances to watch them live. They sit in ninth position and with no match yesterday I shall reserve judgement until the next match.

Now to follow my heart down to levels 11-21. You don't get to hear much about those teams though.










No comments:

Post a Comment