Saturday 17 October 2015

The week reviewed

The week was boring. I spent most of my time in the office. There has to be more to life than this ... and there is ... Football! Four of my pyramid picks played on Tuesday night and I almost missed the Tiverton Town result as they drew 0-0 with Taunton Town in the Red Insure Cup. This was followed by a 3-0 defeat on penalties. I think penalty practice is the order of the day this week.

Woking hosted my Vanarama team Torquay and an honourable 2-2 draw was played out.

Barnstaple beat Clevedon Town 4-0 in the Western League Premier Division so I am happy with that.

Finally Exmouth Town beat Witheridge 4-2 in the match I almost attended. It would have been good.

And then Saturday comes:

Arsenal beat Watford 3-0 after Watford eventually tired. They played well for the first two thirds. Brentford beat Rotherham 2-1 and Southend beat Barnsley 2-1. Exeter travelled all the way to Carlisle and lost 1-0. Torquay were held to another draw, this time 1-1, by Grimsby. Weston went to Maidenhead United and lost 2-0. Bideford travelled to Chesham United and lost 3-1. Tiverton Town held Burnham 0-0 away. At the end of the list Barnstaple had a second win in a week, this time it was 2-0 away at Bridport.

Now it is time to settle down with my Mrs as we are watching series 5 of Game of Thrones once again. Tyrion and Mormont have just been attacked.

No comments:

Post a Comment