Sunday 28 July 2013

The Non-League Paper

Today I discovered "The Non-League Paper" which should give me a lot more information about this blog's subject matter. I notice on the back page that the Thurrock relegation has gone to a final appeal and has not yet been decided although we are almost at the eve of the new season.

I have a lot less sympathy for teams that break rules, whether wittingly or unwittingly, as I expect them to take the rap while honest teams should benefit from that honesty. Teams that are told by the F.A. to join another league I will support although I think for the good of the future of the game there must be some compulsion as the leagues relationships are transformed.

I also see from the front page that the Blue Square League is now the Skrill League. My immediate reaction is that the S is short for Sea. The krill are, as ever, fodder for the bigger fish.

It is clear that sponsorship is a major part of funding for the sport at this level.


No comments:

Post a Comment