Wednesday 31 May 2023

Premier League 2022-23

 I have enjoyed this season for two main reasons.

Arsenal have finally got back to winning ways albeit that the season finished slightly disappointingly with City taking us close to the finish. We have made up for years of poor performances with some magical games and some average games but few major disasters. The only real problem being a 4-1 defeat to Manchester City who are one of the greatest teams ever to have been assembled.

Brentford, my Premier League pick for the season did the double over Manchester City and still ended up in 9th place so explain that one to me if you can. My favourite moments of the season have been watching Brentford "over performing" although having watched them in the Championship I am using the pundits words rather than my own. I knew when they beat Arsenal at the start of the season last year that they are well worth their position in the Premier League. I had doubts about David Raya, the goalkeeper, but he has certainly stepped up this season. It will be sad to see him go. He has been an inspiration to the rest of the team.

I see no reason to change my selections for next season :  0=Favourite team, 1=Premier League Pick.

0=Arsenal (always will be)

1=Brentford (inspirational) Thank You Thomas Frank.


Premier League table from Sports Mole.



No comments:

Post a Comment