Tuesday 2 May 2023

Complications created by the Football Association

 The top four divisions of the Football Pyramid are easy to understand as they are explained by television on a regular basis and even level 5, the National League, is just and extension of the first four levels to all intents and purposes which is why the Football League have suggested incorporating it into their setup to the exclusion of all other clubs.

Levels 6 and 7 are not single league levels so complications can arrive if, say, four southern teams or four northern teams are relegated from the National League. Three from one half or the country and one from the other means that one side has to transfer to even things up but that can be simple compared to what goes on further down the leagues and levels.

I encountered a number of issues at Level 8, varying in nature from league to league but I think I have worked them out now so I can continue with my league listings then maybe take a break before the much more complex levels 9 and 10. It should all be so simple but to be fair to the Football Association they are trying to work things out now using a 1-2-4-8 league format from level 5 to level 8.

Let's stop there before I get on my high horse about lower levels but you may be interested in the issues I found with level 8. As a result of these I shall post about each league separately and try to make things as plain as a dundee cake. I do love this time of year and that is before all the reprieves and transfers and voluntary relegations. Summer is great fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment