Wednesday 31 May 2023

Football League Championship 2022-23

 I did not really become invested with Bristol City.

When I check back the last match I watched involved Blackpool and a 3-3 draw when Antoine Semenyo scored as did Tommy Conway and Nahki Wells made an impression also. This was in August 2022 when my enthusiasm for the sport of football is at its highest having missed it all summer.

I think it is time for change (another change) at this level. Let me look at my options.

The obvious choice is newly promoted Plymouth Argyle who are just down the road. I could also pick Cardiff City for the night life after the matches but it would involve the Severn Bridge. Hull is where I went to university many years ago so I know the area a little bit. There are Leeds, Leicester and also Southampton as I know them from the Premier League. How about Sheffield Wednesday. I remember drinking at the top of the hill then walking down to Hillsborough. Sunderland is the final option as their fans are so passionate about the club (I know one). I think it has to be Plymouth.

2=Plymouth Argyle (Exeter's deadly rivals but not this season)


Championship table from Sports Mole:




No comments:

Post a Comment