Wednesday 10 May 2023

Non League Matters

 I wish to extend my heartfelt thanks to the website "Non League Matters" that I use on a regular basis and although there were bits missing when I started using it I think it is now more accurate than ever. It has certainly helped me to identify level 11 and level 12 leagues which used to be a nightmare. It all depended on how deep the league above ran but there have been moves over the past few seasons to clarify the divide between level 10 and level 11.

I am sad to have lost two of my favourite leagues, the East Midlands Counties League and the West Midlands (Regional) League. I am intrigued that there still exists the Central Midlands League North and Central Midlands League South at Level 11 because Level 11 is supposed to be the County Leagues. Maybe the teams in those two leagues could be merged into nearby leagues to create the extra level 10 leagues needed to take the number to 32. Time will tell.

I urge anyone who uses the website as often as me to contribute a few pennies or pounds to keep this valuable resource going. It is not as expensive as running a football club but it still costs and we should keep it going for the next generation of passionate football fans as they grow up and realise that there is much football beyond the top 5 levels of the pyramid. The semi-professional game extends for another 5 levels where players can receive from £25 to £200 per match and sometimes more.

Thank you NON LEAGUE MATTERS.

No comments:

Post a Comment