Wednesday 31 May 2023

Football League Two 2022-23

 I dipped in and out of Swindon Town during the season without ever really following them although I know that the superstar of the squad was Harry McKirdy with his long flowing locks. The only other note I have is a funny name and who would not question George Cowmeadow about where his name came from. I am not invested so will be changing my pick at this level.

I looked at all the options from top to bottom and was beginning to despair of finding an obvious choice but right at the end of the alphabetically compiled list I found the one.

4=Wrexham

I think coverage will be excellent with self publicists Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney at the helm. I can see them causing the ructions that I know the British football authorities need to shake them out of their cozy "we are in charge, do as you are told" attitude. Many football clubs have suffered at the hands of the football authorities and whilst I understand some of the issues I do agree with Shaun Harvey when he implies that there is a lot of narrow mindedness and short termism in football.

I am seriously looking forward to the Wrexham journey and I hope that it does not end too quickly when the two American stars find out how much hatred they are going to receive from other clubs in the football league. Hopefully the enthusiasm of the football fans will carry them through the tough times.


League Two table from Sports Mole



My pick for next season is newly promoted WREXHAM and they already have some ambitious fixtures organised before the start of next season:


No comments:

Post a Comment