Tuesday 17 September 2019

Tuesday Night

In league one Southend United travelled to Shrewsbury and came away beaten 4-3. It is back to the red splash on my spreadsheet following that yellow at the weekend when they drew with Fleetwood. I wish to believe it was an exciting match but it seems that Shrewsbury were two goals ahead every time Southend scored.

Exeter took on Port Vale at home and remain top of the league after a 2-0 victory. Ryan Bowman scored a header from a rebound and Lee Martin scored following a deflection off the keeper. When your luck is in keep cashing those cheques.

Barnstaple took on Honiton Town in the Devon St Luke's Cup and managed to earn a 3-3 draw at home but my spreadsheet shows as red because they then capitulated in the penalty shoot out by 3 goals to 2. When you are down on your luck work harder.

Exmouth Town travelled to Almondsbury in the Les Phillips Cup. A brief message suggests that it was an away win by 4 goals to 1. Exmouth Town are flying at the moment and I have enjoyed watching them live.

Tomorrow both Tiverton and Elmore are at home. I have not yet decided whether I will go to either of those matches.

No comments:

Post a Comment