Friday 6 September 2019

International Weekend

The England team are in action (along with many other nations) so we have no Premier League Football this weekend. Nowadays the Championship is also held in abeyance while the Nations battle.

So with no games for Arsenal or Brentford I can concentrate on some of my minnow selections.

Southend United travel to Portsmouth and I could have made that journey but having just moved funds are much shorter than they might be. Exeter have their longest journey as they travel to Carlisle to take on the United of the far north.

Both of my National League selections are at home. Torquay take on Harrogate Town while Weymouth entertain Welling United. I shall check on those results after I return home from my local derby.

Exmouth are away to Shepton Mallet and I hope there is no hangover from that fantastic F.A.Cup win over Yate Town but I fear that there might be.

Elmore are at home to Plymouth Marjon but that educational establishment no longer holds the great fascination that it did when I had a girlfriend there a very very very long time ago.

My choice of venue is Bovey Tracey where my home village of Liverton United will be competing. This is a local derby at Level 11 and being free (good value for money) I cannot turn down the opportunity of visiting another local ground. I may even get some of my family there.

The local league, Devon & Exeter, are in cup week so teams may meet other teams a level or two above or below the level they play at. This is a chance for giant killing and choking. I will be eager to check all the results once the battling is complete.

Enjoy YOUR weekend wherever it is that YOU are watching football.

No comments:

Post a Comment