Sunday 13 September 2020

A singular result

 Information, as I know from experience can be much harder to find as you head down the pyramid to the lower reaches.


Liverton Ladies played a match against Plympton Ladies and won 5-3. A good result in a pre-season friendly. I can confirm that the two teams played and that the result was 5-3 BUT I have had to assume that Liverton won by reading between the lines and words and picking up on a positive vibe.


When the league starts I always have the league site to double check the scores and I have from time to time discovered differences. I always go with what the league state as that will be the official score used to determine the league table.


Checking the other pre-season friendlies the results have been mixed for the Liverton side but that is a good thing. You can sometimes learn more about players from a defeat than you can when everyone is happy and winning every match. I used to love being the weakest player in a strong team as the others helped me to win almost every week. Winning is easy. It is much harder when you have to work for it.


Oh, and they have just said on television that Boris is badly damaging the reputation of Britain. I think I shall come back tomorrow and focus on the football.

No comments:

Post a Comment