Saturday 18 August 2018

Saturday Pre Match

Arsenal are away to Chelsea at 17:30 which is likely to be our second successive defeat. We have a chance as I have identified Chelsea as one of the teams we will be competing with but we are away from home and Unai Emery still has a lot to do in organising our defence and getting the players to function as a team. Under Arsene Wenger we were good but we had a set of individuals who were expected to produce goals and assists without the need for organisation. If we were organised then Wenger was much worse than we thought.

Brentford are at home to Sheffield Wednesday at 15:00 tomorrow so there is a second match that we will not know about come 17:00 tonight. Let's have a look at my lesser lights.

Before we do I notice that Arsenal Women are at home to West Ham United Ladies tomorrow at 14:00. That could be a good watch if there is any coverage.

Southend United are at home to Bradford. The BBC site suggests that Southend have had 60% possession and have had 10 shots to Bradford's 2. If things continue in that manner I expect us to win.

Exeter are 1-0 up against Newport but it seems to be against the run of play as Newport have had 54% possession and 4 shots to Exeter's 2. Still, it is goals that count and we have that vital statistic in our favour.

Eastleigh are at home to Wrexham and midway through the first half we are recorded as being 2-0 down. Statistics have not yet made it to National League level on the BBC website but I have no idea why. Is it technology or merely a matter of getting an employee to the ground?

Weston-super-Mare are away to Billericay and at National League South level there are no recorded scores, so we will probably have to wait until 17:00 to get the result. Let me just check Twitter. Nothing there, but Facebook tells me that Billericay have gone 1-0 up. The effort us fans have to go to finding out about our teams.

The BBC cover lots of foreign leagues but will not go to the effort of adding the Southern League. Moving to FlashScores I find that Tiverton Town are already 3-1 up against Walton Casuals. That gives me a good feeling about at least one of my teams. I really must go and watch them as they are only 30 minutes up the road and I have not bothered partly due to worries about parking.

Even FlashScores does not extend to the Southern League Division One South. Why did the F.A. have to make things to complicated by adding another Premier Division to the Southern League? Barnstaple Town are away at Moneyfields. I will check social media to see if there is any information there. Back in a minute or two ......

Found something on the Moneyfields FC Twitter site that suggest they are 1-0 up. Oddly, this is not repeated on the Moneyfields FC Live site. I presume therefore that the non live site is way ahead of the 'Live' site. The Barnstaple site is ahead of both of them as they show that Moneyfields are now 2-0 up.

My Western League pick is Buckland Athletic and they are away at Roman Glass St George today. Twitter has confirmed that Roman Glass are 1-0 up at the moment.

Lastly Exmouth Town in the South West Peninsula League. The Facebook page tells me we are home to Torpoint Athletic. I will have to call in there sometime soon as according to Twitter "Ace High" has scored three goals already. Another feelgood factor having a team 3-0 up.

I will try and follow up as I did last week and I will seek out any videos of the actual action.

Fare well whatever you do with the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment