Tuesday 14 August 2018

League Cup Starts

In recent years I have lost interest in League Clubs as the fascination of non league clubs took over. Tonight I am renewing my interest by watching Yeovil v. Aston Villa on Sky Sports while following the other results on the BBC website.

I notice that Bury are 1-0 away to Nottingham Forest with 4 minutes gone. Leeds United are up against Bolton Wanderers, Sheffield United take on Hull City and in a local derby Swindon Town are up against Forest Green Rovers.

As far as my teams are concerned:

Brentford travel to Southend. They cannot both win.

Exeter are taking on Ipswich Town. We discussed going to this one but the last time I went it cost me £17 and I got much better value for money when I visited the cinema at a cost of £7. Maybe if the Tories had not reduced our wages to a pittance it would be easier.

In Europe AEK Athens are 1-0 up against Celtic and a team called Shkendija are drawing 0-0 with FC Red Bull Salzburg.

Eastleigh are up against Bromley in the National League.

Weston-super-Mare are away to Slough Town in the National League South.

At this stage of the season there are always plenty of F.A.Cup replays as the extra preliminary round continues.

That sets the scene for the evening. Now if I am a good blogger I will follow this post up with some results.

No comments:

Post a Comment