Monday 12 June 2023

Level 9 Provisional Selections

 Combined Counties Premier League North: One name pops out.

9CPN=Wembley

I guess they do not play at Wembley stadium.

Combined Counties Premier League South: Another name pops out.

9CPS=Jersey Bulls

If I can get out to watch a home game I will do.


Eastern Counties League Premier Division: Not an obvious choice but I once drove past the city wanting to visit the cathedral but I was late for an appointment so I never did. If I ever go back I can watch the team and maybe visit the cathedral.

9ECP=Ely City

Essex Senior League: Still the sore thumb in the F.A.'s plan to get all county leagues at level 11. My birth county holds lots of memories and there are some lovely villages. Are there any that I would like to go back to?

9ESL=Saffron Walden Town

On the basis that this is a very picturesque village.


The Hellenic League has always been a mystery particularly the four divisions two which do not seem to promote clubs. I think I shall just have to pick a team on the basis that I like the name.

9HLP=Slimbridge

I want to go there and see how slim the bridge actually is.

The Midland League always held a fascination for me as teams headed in and out from all around but I have settled on a team that changed divisions a lot when I first started my blog.

9MLP=Tividale

I looked at the list of names in the North West Counties League and my focus hit Bury AFC but I have read that they recently merged with Bury FC and are headed back to Gigg Lane so they are favourites.

I then saw another name that, based on previous selections, I really ought to add to my list. FC Isle of Man are a team from "not the mainland" and the appeal of watching a match over there is strong. Then there is Kendal Town and a trip to the Lake District. Finally Ramsbottom United which is where I have some relatives so that clinches it.

9NWP=Ramsbottom United

The Northern Counties East League contains a few names that mean nothing but I know a place in that region that I have visited several times and which also contains Mother Shipton's Cave.

9NEP=Knaresborough Town

The Northern League is another headache for the F.A. that seems to be gradually working itself out. There are no obvious choices here so I got to the end of the akphabetical list without a selection, consequently I have chosen.

9NL1=Whitley Bay

The Southern Combination League has some familiar names in it but probably just because I have driven through at some point in time. I do like the sea, though, so I am going for:

9SCP=Shoreham

The Southern Counties East League which was converted from the Kent League during the time of my blogging has a few names that are possible selections: Fisher, Glebe, Kennington, Lordswood, Snodland Town, I once had a mate that lived in Faversham so:

9SEP=Faversham Town

The Spartan South Midlands League caused me a few problems early on until I understood the merger.

I think I will go for the advertisement here. The answer is "Drink it warm mate" so what is the question? What is the best way to Cockfosters?

9SMP=Cockfosters

We venture further away from me for the United Counties Premier League North. Having been through the list I ended up at the end but then I remembered a long lost friend who was brought up there.

9UPN=Wisbech Town

Once again I checked the list of names and ended up with the last one.

9UPS=Yaxley

The Wessex League presented few obvious choices but I once spent a nice weekend in

9WXP=Sherborne Town

The Western League has been part of my pyramid since the project started and I know the ground well. I hope to visit there early in the season for an F.A.Cup match. I usually do.

9WLP=Buckland Athletic

That concludes the sixteen picks at level nine.

No comments:

Post a Comment