Tuesday 22 October 2019

Monday Night

Arsenal lost 1-0 to Sheffield United.

Whilst not wishing to diminish the achievement of Sheffield United in reaching and competing at this level it does seem that since the Kroenkes took over the club has become decidedly Cronky.

I am so glad I have a team at every level that I can support.

I will not attach my emotions to any one club as that can lead to depression in a bad season. A young man needs the highs and lows to experience a full life but I am content to sit back and appreciate the best that football has to offer.

That is very often at the lower levels of the professional game and certainly in the F.A.Cup where the various levels come together to battle it out. A low level team beating a high level team is one of the best experiences any football fan can experience ... but then we are British and we love a plucky underdog.

I have my eyes set on the F.A.Vase clash between Bovey Tracey and Abingdon United on Saturday. That is in fact two teams at the same level competing for a place in the next round and the best football is always experienced when two teams are evenly matched.

So, having said that, what have I watched this season that matches those two experiences?

Exmouth Town beating Yate Town Must be the best of both. I am so glad I saw that game. The two teams were evenly matched although Yate Town had more of the ball being the senior of the two teams and ultimately Exmouth came out on top which must class as a "giant killing" or at the very least "hurting the big guy".

Not having Sky television means that I cannot watch Arsenal as often as I would like to and I have to admit that my support for them has diminished slightly as I am unable to watch. I wonder how much damage is being done to the football support as a result of the big money.

A few matches are happening this week and I look forward to watching my beloved gunners when they appear on BT Sport against Vitoria in the Europa League on Thursday.




No comments:

Post a Comment