Saturday 23 March 2019

Results March 23rd

From the bottom up.

Elmore lost at home to Brixham. The scoreline was 1-0 but conceding and not scoring results in defeat.

Exmouth beat Sticker 3-1. The first two goals were penalties and as I went to watch this one I can tell you that the referee almost lost control. Several Exmouth players were booked for complaining about the Sticker players sticking it to them. My favourite Sticker player was No.7 ("Boots") who looked very like a beer barrel on legs and spent a lot of time talking to the crowd. I heard him say at one point "Relax! We're doing alright!" which they were at the time. My favourite moments of the game, though, came early on when I was joined by a mother and child. She started shouting "DAD DEE DAD DEE DAD DEE". I have no idea who she was supporting but I hope her Daddy is proud of her.

Buckland Athletic lost their yellow and green page by losing 4-2 to Cribbs earning themselves a red stripe. For them it is Cadbury Heath at home on Tuesday next up.

Barnstaple's red page got a green stripe last week but we are back to normal this week with a 5-0 thrashing away to AFC Totton.

Tiverton travelled to Farnborough and came home with a narrow 3-2 defeat but it is still a red stripe.

Weston earned their red stripe with a 1-0 home defeat to Welling United.

Eastleigh were scheduled to take on Leyton Orient but they were too busy winning their F.A.Trophy semi-final to bother turning up for a league match.

Exeter travelled to Notts County and left it late to score but the 1-0 win earns them a green stripe.

Southend made it another red stripe by going down away at Peterborough United.

I think I will watch a little Rugby Union with Exeter Chiefs tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment